What can guest blogging bring to you?
- Increase your exposure and popularity online.
- Build relationships with other bloggers.
- Increase your backlinking.
- Increase your ranking in search engines.
- Meet new people and engage with others in your niche.
- Increase authority in your niche.
- Reach new audiences – Increase traffic to your website and blog from untapped sources.
- Increase your loyal readers and the number of your subscribers.
Are there any drawbacks to guest blogging?
It is time consuming. It requires more effort than blog commenting or other traffic generation methods. But it does pay off in terms of return on investment. But like anything if you do it badly, it will not pay off.
How should you guest blog effectively?
Probably the best place to start is considering your objectives (what you want to gain from guest blogging) and your resources (how much time you have). Then you can work out how to best move forward. Luckily, guest blogging follows many of the principles to writing a great blog, so if you’re an experienced blog writer you are well on your way.
But there is still a lot to consider.
Now, let’s look at the ingredients to an amazing guest blog….
- Guest blog on sites in your niche. Carefully choose your sites. How do you find these sites? Useful resources include Google search and Google Blog Search, as well as top sites in your niche. You may also contact authors directly (consider who you already know, and how to find new people).
- Reply to everyone that has left comments on your guest blog.
- Fully engage with your readers – visit and comment on their blog; connect with them on other social media channels i.e. follow them on Twitter, Tweet their latest blogs.
- Utilise Comment Luv – This provides incentives for readers to leave comments on your blog. They can link their name, website, and their latest blogs to the bottom of their comment.
- Blogging is reciprocal – If you help others out, they will often reward you.
- Guest blogging is a chance to show your capabilities to write great content. So ensure you deliver content that is high quality.
- Guest blog for lots of different posts – Don’t just stick to the same few. Consider guest blogging for both small and large sites.
- Join a blog community such as MyGuestBlog
- Provide content that has a lot of value to readers i.e. tips, etc.
- Write unique content. Don’t copy a post that is already on your website
- Break up content with images, bullet points and headings
- Consider the nature of the blog that you are writing for from researching that blog. Keep the blog in line with the content the blogger has previously published.
- Adopt a personalable and friendly tone, but don’t ramble on about irrelevancies
- Leave an optimised Link in your bio – Don’t just leave a normal link to your site, make the most of your link by changing the anchor text to something you want to rank for in Google.
- Keep to the blog owners guidelines.
Guest blogging really is a win win for bloggers. Blog owners win because they get excellent, free content for their site. Bloggers win because they increase links and subscribers to their blog. Readers win as they get a fresh and unique perspective on the topic.
Are you guest blogging? Are you looking for guest bloggers? Please leave a comment and share and if you’re on the hunt for guest bloggers feel free to leave your blog too.
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- How to be successful in #crowdfunding - December 9, 2013
- #CRM Systems – We Review the Top 5 - December 3, 2013
- Everything you need to know about #Twitter Advertising - November 27, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!