Why you should use affiliates to promote your products?
- Increase sales.
- Increase the reach of your product promotions. An affiliate program enables you to widen the audience exposed to your product as it increases the incentive for more sites and individuals to promote your product.
- Affiliate programs help to increase your number of customers – not only for the specific product they are promoting, but for your other products too.
- New customers attracted through the affiliate promotion have the potential to be transformed into long-term loyal customers if you develop a relationship with them.
- Increase traffic
- It’s easy to get started with affiliate marketing and the capital requirements are low.
- A growing market of affiliates – more people are becoming attracted to the flexibility of working at home that affiliate marketing offers.
- Affiliates also help you grow your subscriber list.
- Affiliates are your marketing department, they drive the traffic, write the reviews, create websites and are your advocates.
Are there any drawbacks to affiliate marketing?
- Sharing your profits with affiliates means there is less profit for you.
- It can be very time consuming to manage the affiliate program. Of course, this depends on the nature of your program and your affiliates. But extra tasks may include paying affiliates, mentoring them, providing them with sales material, and motivating them.
- Potential to lose control over how your product(s) is promoted.
- Affiliates are not necessary loyal – Eventually they may be tempted to stray and develop their own products.
How can you attract and keep affiliates motivated and making you money?
- Create a great affiliate sign up page. Use a sales letter to sell your affiliate program – in it explain why they should promote your product and what they have to gain from being an affiliate for you. For instance, you may want to emphasise the low risk factor associated with being an affiliate, or if you have a strong brand or a great product you may want to emphasise that. Include the conversion rates on your affiliate page to let them know how well your sales letter is converting.
- Many affiliates (but not all) are motivated by the commission. They want to get paid well. So give them specific details of the pay – how much they will get per sale, how often they get paid, how they get paid, if there are any upsells and downsells to maximize the EPC (Earned Per Click). Include all these details on your affiliate sign up page.
- Motivate your affiliates. You can do this by offering bonuses for top affiliates or running contests and offering prizes as well as Cash prizes. Also motivate them mentally through promoting the benefits of a positive mindset, strong work ethic, and a determined attitude.
- Create a “back office” for your affiliates with useful tools to help them market your product, traffic generation techniques, swipe emails, banner ads and encourage them to write articles/review on your product.
- Inspire your affiliates to be innovative, creative, and proactive. Promote their full participation and suggestions. This gives affiliates more control and helps you have not only happy affiliates but loyal ones.
- Encourage affiliates to stay active online i.e. update blogs and their sites often. Leverage social media to promote your product.
Where to find Affiliates
There are many websites which are dedicated to affiliate marketing. Also consider your own connections on forums and your social media platforms.
Check out the following affiliate networks too:
Affiliate marketing has a lot of potential and can bring lots of opportunities, but if implemented poorly it can be disastrous. So ensure you know what you are doing before commencing an affiliate program to maximise your chances.
Are you an affiliate marketer? What incentivises you to promote a product? Or do you have a product? How is your affiliate programme going? Thinking about creating a product? Please leave a comment and share
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- 10 features to help you get the most out of Aweber - June 17, 2013
- Facebook introduces #hashtags: too late to the party? - June 13, 2013
- How to make your website mobile friendly - May 29, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!