Time is arguably the most valuable resource. Unfortunately for most of us there is not enough of it. This can be taken to the extreme with an illustrative example of Bill Gates: “If Bill Gates saw $100 lying on the ground, it wouldn’t be worth his time to pick it up”. [pullquote] “If Bill Gates saw $100 lying on the ground, it wouldn’t be worth his time to pick it up”[/pullquote]
How can we manage to keep on top of it all, and exceed at all of these things? Some may argue it’s an impossible task. But I argue it’s down to effective time management, strong discipline, and will power. Buts it’s very easy to get side-tracked with so many distractions around us.
However, it’s not all work on your side. There are other things that can help. For those in the know, there are some secret devices that enable you to do things quicker and manage your time more effectively. A good time management system can go a long way in helping you to manage your time more effectively. And I am going to share the best systems with you right here. Now keeping on top of all those tasks definitely sounds feasible right? Well it will after reading this…
- Wunderlist – This is an easy-to-use task management tool. Using this single platform, you can organise and manage every aspect of your life more effectively. You can share your tasks and lists with others, so they can join you. You can use it everywhere – on your iPhone, Android, the iPad, on PC & Mac or online. Plus its free.
- Klock – This system enables you to create a hierarchy of projects and sub-projects. You can then track the time spent on each one and make adjustments as you work. All this is done through simply clicking and dragging.
- Manic Time – This tool monitors what you are doing on your computer to tag and analyse your daily work flow. This means you won’t be wasting time entering information into the system. Your work is represented by (online & offline) activities, applications (that are currently open), and tags (that include your personal notes on your work flow). Simply mousing over them gives you more information on each element.
- Slim Timer – With this application you can easily track your tasks. You can add tasks and share tasks with colleagues. Worried about losing your data? Don’t be – You can export your data or have it emailed to you weekly. This is free.
- Rescue Time – This tracks the websites you visit and the applications you use. You can set objectives for yourself and the system reports back on if you are meeting those objectives from assessing your computer usage.
- MyLifeOrganised – With this application you can collect all tasks to be done, organise them, and do them. Features include: create tasks and subtasks, combine your tasks into projects, track progress, sync to iphone/ blackberry and outlook or run from a flash drive.
- DOVICO - employee time and expense tracking, compare budgets and actual, project alerts and email notifications. Plus project planning and monitoring, resource and skillset allocation, and employee time and expense tracking.
- Remember the Milk – Manage your tasks from anywhere (online/ offline/ on your phone); get reminders; share your tasks with others; add tasks from igoogle; use google calendar. And it’s free.
- Toggl – Very easy to use time tracking device that is quick to implement. Time track anywhere on your Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android.
- LessTimeSpent – Time tracking on your projects. Enables you to send invoices rapidly. Track your employees and how much they are doing.
- MyIntervals – Combines time tracking and task management into a single application. Powerful visual reporting. Quick to implement. Use everywhere – on blackberry/ iphone, etc.
Remember, whilst these devices are very helpful they are only aids. They will not do the job for you. You still have put in all the hard work yourself. So keep focused on your tasks and once you are finished reward yourself for your ability to keep focused. After all, this is no easy task.
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- How to be successful in #crowdfunding - December 9, 2013
- #CRM Systems – We Review the Top 5 - December 3, 2013
- Everything you need to know about #Twitter Advertising - November 27, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!