Two people that I know provide an excellent example of what I mean. Sarah is very intelligent, has lots of money, but lacks the motivational drive. Becky is very hard-working, innovative, and driven but she was not born rich nor was she top of the class. Who is more successful? Becky. There are loads of other examples of people like this in business (Think of Richard Branson – He did not have the most obvious starting path to become a millionaire). Most people do not have an easy ride to success.
So what can you learn from this? One thing is for sure – Successful people are not born lucky. They create their own luck – by seeking opportunities, going beyond what they are required to do, trying new things, believing in their own ideas, developing close networks with others, etc.
Of course, once you have become successful, it’s easier to become more successful because, yes, you have more capital, you have proved yourself so have more belief from those around you who are willing to assist you, etc. But this is not the reason they continue to be successful or became successful in the first place. The reason they are and remain successful is because they maintain a hardworking, innovative, and determined attitude to succeed further. Indeed, the road to success is not easy.
How can you better assure business success? Be positive, proactive and progressive. And always remember the following ………
- You are successful now – Remind yourself what you have achieved so far and how far you have come.
- Face your fears – Don’t ignore a potential threat. Investigate it further and face it straight on. Even better if you can transform a threat into an opportunity.
- Take more risks – People don’t get far plodding along.
- Wherever you are, believe in yourself, don’t give up, and keep working hard. It will pay off.
- Success breeds more success. Once you have made a breakthrough more success will come your way. So keep fighting on.
For inspiration, read my blogs or books, as they offer loads of tips and tricks on how you too can exceed your potential. There are lots of other inspirational sources. Consider people that have made it – How did they do it? Also, keep up to date what is happening in your industry – Because new consumer and industry trends could offer the source of inspiration that you need to make it.
Ultimately, believe in yourself and remember anyone (including you) can make it – but it doesn’t come easily – you have to work hard and create your own opportunities. If you expect success to be handed to you on a plate, it will never arrive. If you make an effort, you are certainly on the real road to success and you will be at your destination before you know it.
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- 10 features to help you get the most out of Aweber - June 17, 2013
- Facebook introduces #hashtags: too late to the party? - June 13, 2013
- How to make your website mobile friendly - May 29, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!