Part of the reason was the challenge of writing my first book along with the curiosity of finding out about self-publishing. Another reason is to start creating premium content that monetizes my blog.
2. What is the single most important take away from your book for the business owner?
If there was one important takeaway it is communicating the value of creating contagious content that begs to be shared that positions a business as an expert ion its field.
It was crowded when I started! I think the opportunities are even bigger today with more global internet users. It requires passion to kick it off and then if you are willing to be focused and carve out your niche then anything is possible if you create content and build tribes to share it with on social networks that love what you love.
4. Guest posting is a great way to build your blogging profile; however, now that “everyone” is doing it what advice can you offer to help people to stand out from the crowd when approaching the bigger websites?
Provide such good articles for your category that the websites want to publish you.
5. By now you must have written 1000′s of articles, which ones stand out in your memory? i.e. Are there any that are particularly brilliant or even particularly bad in your view?
I don’t really have any favorites but I am certainly more confident and happier with my writing now than when I started over 3 years ago. One reason I hear from many potential bloggers for not starting is that they can’t write well enough or they want to be perfect before they start.
The learning comes from the action of doing so step right up to the plate and have a go. If you read my first articles, you would understand what I mean by not waiting to be perfect.(if you read them you would understand as they are far from perfect)
I recently wrote and article titled “6 Reasons Why you will Fail at Blogging” that sums up the futility of procrastination. You can read it here
I hope that helps some of you to start the journey and unleash your potential
Thanks so much for your time Jeff, much appreciated. If you want to hear more from Jeff Bullas, check out his blog here. You can read my review of his book, Blogging the Smart Way and find out how to buy it here.
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- #CRM Systems – We Review the Top 5 - December 3, 2013
- Everything you need to know about #Twitter Advertising - November 27, 2013
- Global Entrepreneurship Week – Meet Create It Now - November 20, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!