Facebook Insights provides Facebook page owners and platform developers with metrics around their content. You can only view this information if you are an administrator of your Facebook Fan Page.
By understanding and analysing trends within user growth, demographics, and consumption and creation of content, you are well armed to enhance your business with Facebook.
Knowing the profile of your target audience is hugely important. Facebook Insights provides essential information that can help you to improve quality engagement and better understand the core audience that your page attracts.
Facebook Insights are not just a load of useless numbers. It offers valuable information providing real insight of your customers. Regularly monitoring the metrics helps you to assess the size and impact of engagement from the content and discussions made on your page. You can choose the duration period you want to view the metrics. From analysing the data, you can decide which content works best, who you are reaching, and where you can improve. So it is a very practical business tool.
What can I find out from Facebook Insights?
- Total Likes - The number of people who have “liked” your page.
- Friends of Fans - Your potential reach of the friends of people who have “liked” your page.
- People Talking About This - The number of unique people that have created a story using the pages content e.g. comments, likes, tagging etc.
- Weekly Total Reach – The week’s total amount of people who have seen associated content regarding your page.
- Virality - How likely a person is to share something about your posts with their friends. It measures the % of people who have created a “story” from your content by sharing it with others. It also measures the types of posts your audience responds to and shares.
- Who’s Talking About This - Find out demographics and locations of people who have “liked” your page.
- Negative feedback on posts – The number of users either hiding their posts or giving negative feedback in news feeds. This helps you work out what kind of content best resonates best with your customers, so you can improve your page posting strategy in the long-term.
Some of the above metrics are new and have only recently been added. Facebook continually make changes and are constantly further enhancing the Insights tool.
Below is an image from my Facebook Fan Page – How to do Internet Marketing The Right Way
Other useful features of Facebook Insights
- Insights Overview - Want to see your overall impact and reach and how his has changed over time? Want to know who is talking about your page? Want to see all this in a useful graphical summary?
- You can export your Facebook Insights data quickly and easily into an Excel file.
How should you use Facebook Insights?
Do you have a Fan Page? Are you monitoring your Insights page? Please do leave a comment and feel free to share your Facebook Fan Page too:)
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- How to make your website traffic convert into sales - May 22, 2013
- 10 ways to get more engagement on #Pinterest - May 21, 2013
- Google+ new features: hit or miss? - May 17, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!