The wait is over. With the launch of Google+ business profile pages, all companies from small start-ups to large corporations will be utilising these profiles to build their online connections.
But why should you set up a Google+ business profile page for your business?
Setting up a Google+ business profile page is a must for any company serious about using social media to develop their business. Google+ is expanding rapidly in its popularity. It represents a great, and growing, opportunity to interact with your customers. Moreover, you know your competitors have one or will set one up. So keep ahead of the competition before they get ahead of you. Setting up a Google+ profile page gives you plenty of tools for promoting your brand and products/services.
Let’s now have a look at some of the specific features of Google+ business pages that can benefit your business.
- Gives your company a platform to share and connect with your existing and potential customers in more creative ways through content such as photos, videos, blog posts and status updates.
- Provides you with ‘Circles’ to help group together people to share content and converse based on their common interests.
- You can host a ‘Hangout’ session, in which you can connect with a group via a webcam for feedback or conversations with your most loyal customers.
- The 1+ button is excellent for increasing your ranking in Google search.
- The Google+ Direct Connect feature allows a direct link to your Google+ page through Google Search.
- You can add a Google+ badge to your website to inform visitors that your company is active on Google+
Are you missing out on using this innovative new tool?
If so its time you created a business profile on Google+.
Luckily it’s actually very easy to create one. To make it even simpler I am going to give you a step-by-step outline of how you can set up your own page.
- Set up a Google+ account (If you have not already done so). This means setting up your own profile. Your (business) page will be promoted via your (personal) profile and you can easily switch between the 2 pages.
- On your profile page, click on ‘Create a Google+ Page’.
- Follow the setup instructions – Choose the category and sub-category of your business (This helps Google to categorise you better). Next, include your company tagline (10 words). Then, upload some photos to illustrate what your business is about. You can include multiple profile pictures.
- After clicking the ‘Finish’ button, you will be shown your business page. Your business page will initially look a little sparse. You may like to consider adding information about your company, including your company logo and your tag line, as well as videos, photos, and relevant website links to your business pages such as your company website. Quickly create some posts so you immediately have content on your page.
Now it’s up and running. It’s time to promote your page - Make sure you post content frequently.
You can learn more about Google + by reading my earlier post on what everybody to know about Google +
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!