Today I checked out my stat’s from Stumble Upon which is currently one of the top referral sites for me. As you can see I’ve received a massive 4370803 clicks – just from Stumble Upon alone.
In fact in the last month you can see a breakdown of how much traffic Stumble Upon has sent me.
I’ve written before how I love Stumble Upon so much and how with the power of combining it with Twitter it can literally treble (and more) your traffic.
I thought I’d share with you the exact steps I did when I first started using Stumble Upon and Twitter together so without further ado simply follow these simple steps and start watching your traffic increase!
Create a bespoke Twitter theme for your Twitter profile that matches the branding of your website. This is of course optional, but it’s worth remembering how important it is to be consistent with your branding. Also take the time to make full use of the bio information – this is often where people try and find like-minded other people so rather than write full sentences use hashtags and keywords.
Register your Twitter account details to the following Twitter directories:
Create a blog/article that you can direct people to adding value. You want people to recommend the article by retweeting it so it it’s important it offers immense value and attracts a lot of interest. I can’t emphasis this enough – social media traffic is about providing value and the more value you give through your blog the better results you will get – this is how your content can really go viral too.
Shorten your blog post URL using Stumble Upon’s shortner – http://su.pr . This powerful tool is very different from other URL shorteners because the sharing and likes that you get from other networks such as Facebook and Twitter helps your post rankings and exposure within Stumbleupon which has over 10 million members. To get the maximum benefit ensure you take the time to enter the correct key words/tags and description.
Increase your Twitter followers by:
- Post your twitter link on signatures in forums, emails, your business card etc.
- Leverage your other social networks to gain followers, for example, promote on your Facebook Fan Pages your twitter account and vice versa
- Post your twitter link on your blog, website, offline marketing material, social networks
- Find people in your niche and follow them
- Try to get on as many lists as possible
- Approach people who are in your targeted area and who have a large amount of followers and ask them to retweet your tweets (try to build a rapport with them before you bluntly just ask them)
- Introduce yourself to like minded people
- Create competitions/contests
- Engage with your existing followers, start conversations, re-tweet others, they will then recommend you to their followers and re-tweet your tweets
Please do leave a comment and let me know what you think and if you’re using these techniques – what results have you had?
*Image credited to Alphamisanthropos
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- How to make your website traffic convert into sales - May 22, 2013
- 10 ways to get more engagement on #Pinterest - May 21, 2013
- Google+ new features: hit or miss? - May 17, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!