I love getting traffic to my blog. After all without traffic my blog is an empty shop window – and not making any sales! I’ll be honest, I’m a little addicted to checking my stats and love watching my traffic increase. In fact if you could ask me at any one moment I will be able to tell you how many visitors I have each day.
Today I checked out my stat’s from Stumble Upon which is currently one of the top referral sites for me. As you can see I’ve received a massive 4370803 clicks – just from Stumble Upon alone.
In fact in the last month you can see a breakdown of how much traffic Stumble Upon has sent me.
I’ve written before how I love Stumble Upon so much and how with the power of combining it with Twitter it can literally treble (and more) your traffic.
I thought I’d share with you the exact steps I did when I first started using Stumble Upon and Twitter together so without further ado simply follow these simple steps and start watching your traffic increase!
Create a bespoke Twitter theme for your Twitter profile that matches the branding of your website. This is of course optional, but it’s worth remembering how important it is to be consistent with your branding. Also take the time to make full use of the bio information – this is often where people try and find like-minded other people so rather than write full sentences use hashtags and keywords.
Register your Twitter account details to the following Twitter directories:
Create a blog/article that you can direct people to adding value. You want people to recommend the article by retweeting it so it it’s important it offers immense value and attracts a lot of interest. I can’t emphasis this enough – social media traffic is about providing value and the more value you give through your blog the better results you will get – this is how your content can really go viral too.
Shorten your blog post URL using Stumble Upon’s shortner – http://su.pr . This powerful tool is very different from other URL shorteners because the sharing and likes that you get from other networks such as Facebook and Twitter helps your post rankings and exposure within Stumbleupon which has over 10 million members. To get the maximum benefit ensure you take the time to enter the correct key words/tags and description.
Increase your Twitter followers by:
- Post your twitter link on signatures in forums, emails, your business card etc.
- Leverage your other social networks to gain followers, for example, promote on your Facebook Fan Pages your twitter account and vice versa
- Post your twitter link on your blog, website, offline marketing material, social networks
- Find people in your niche and follow them
- Try to get on as many lists as possible
- Approach people who are in your targeted area and who have a large amount of followers and ask them to retweet your tweets (try to build a rapport with them before you bluntly just ask them)
- Introduce yourself to like minded people
- Create competitions/contests
- Engage with your existing followers, start conversations, re-tweet others, they will then recommend you to their followers and re-tweet your tweets
Please do leave a comment and let me know what you think and if you’re using these techniques – what results have you had?
*Image credited to Alphamisanthropos
Listed in Forbes as one of the top 20 women social media power influencers and likewise as one of the top social media power influencers, she is one of the most dynamic personalities in the social media market, she actively leverages ethical online marketing for her clients and for Socialable.
After launching her first business within three years of becoming a mother, her financial success was recognised by being a finalist at the Best MumPreneur of the Year Awards, presented at 10 Downing Street. Following a resultant offer and wishing to spend more time with her daughter, she sold her first business to focus on social media, developing a multi-site blog and online marketing portfolio that generates in excess of 600,000 + page views per month.
A business owner, social media consultant, internet mentor and genuine digital guru, Lilach is consulted by journalists and regularly quoted in newspapers, business publications and marketing magazines (including Forbes, The Telegraph, Wired, Prima Magazine, The Sunday Times, Social Media Today and BBC Radio 5 Live). What’s more, her books have achieved No 1 on Amazon for Sales and Marketing and Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
When Lilach isn’t working she enjoys spending time with her family and is an avid fan of Zumba.
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- Facebook #Content That Gets Likes & Engagement - April 14, 2014
- Twitter/Facebook? Spot the difference! - April 10, 2014
- The best global #SocialMedia events to attend in 2014 - April 9, 2014