Have you ever considered starting your own podcast? Podcasts can offer a great way of reaching your audience and providing more value for them. And the great news, anyone with a computer and Internet access can easily start their own podcast, with minimum spending and effort.
So get your microphones ready and check out these tools to help you get started with podcasting:
In most cases, podcasts are more entertaining when there’s a conversation between at least two people. In some instances, you will be able to have the persons in the same room, but it’s often likely that you won’t be able to talk face to face. Skype is my preferred weapon of choice when recording podcasts. It’s extremely popular, free to use and with a decent Internet connection you will get a crispy clear conversation.
If you have a Mac, GarageBand can be a very useful tool for podcasting. You can use it for both recording the podcast and then editing it. You can take several takes, to make sure you get it perfect and add sound effects and jingles as well as record your interview either when it’s via Skype or in the same room.
Evaer can be used to easily record any Skype conversation. The tool is very easy to use and works very well at recording your conversations at high quality. It will also record in Stereo mode and it has some other useful features as well, such as the ability to record Skype video conversations. It’s also free to try out – which is always a plus.
Audacity is a free software that can be downloaded for any platform (Mac, Windows, Linux). It’s a pretty good tool considering it’s free, and you can use it to both record your podcast and to edit if afterwards. You can either record the audio live or import the sound files and then start editing it and adding effects.
FeedForAll can be used to easily create, edit, manage and publish RSS feeds. RSS feeds are essential for distributing your podcast if you are planning to publish multiple episodes. You can also use it to create iTunes compatible podcasts. For Mac users, there is also a FeedForAll Mac version.
6. NCH Software
NCH Software offer some pretty cool free audio recording software. RecordPad is a tool that allows general voice recording for Windows and Mac. SoundTap is an audio capture program that will record any audio playing through your computer. WavePad Audio Editor is a very useful tool that you can use to both record and edit audio on both Windows and Mac.
Where can you promote your podcast?
Once you have finished recording and editing your podcast, it’s time to publish it and promote it. There are several podcast directories where you can host your podcast – here are some of the most popular:
1. Fluctu8 Podcast Radio – Fluctu8 can be used for publishing both audio and video podcasts, and their podcasts cover a variety of topics, from design to comedy and from business to cooking. It’s easy and free to upload your own podcast.
2. Podcast Alley – Podcast Alley have a very extensive podcast selection, with other 6 million total episodes available. They cover various genres and also allow video podcasts.
4. PodcastDirectory – with over 150,000 podcasts and over 6 million podcast episodes, PodcastDirectory is one of the biggest podcast directories. Easily upload any audio and video podcasts.
6. Digital Podcast – Use Digital Podcast to browse other podcasts and to connect your own podcast feed, for free.
8. PodcastDir – PodcastDir allows you to submit your own podcast and browse through their directory.
9. The Hard Pod Café – Hard Pod Café has podcasts under dozens of different categories, and you can easily add your own episodes for free.
10. Miro – Use Miro to browse and upload both audio and video podcasts.
11. PodcastBlaster – Podcast Blaster, apart from its podcast directory, also helps with podcasting software and equipment, and with generating your own podcasting feed.
12. Podseek – use Podseek to browse through popular podcasts and add your own.
13. DailySplice – use DailySplice to publish your podcasts as well as to broadcast them with their help.
14. PodcastZoom – PodcastZoom has a library of thousands of different podcast and you can easily upload your own for free.
15. Podomatic – Podomatic has a huge library of some of the best podcasts in the world. Upload your own for free.
Best business podcasts
Listen to Social Media Examiner’s Michael Stelzner in this insightful podcast about social media marketing. It features success stories and interviews with top social media marketers that will keep you up to date with all the best social media tactics.
Smart Passive Income is one of my favorite business podcasts. Hosted by Pat Flynn from the Smart Passive Income blog, the podcast features useful tips on online business and blogging strategies, as well as on marketing and income sources.
This is one of the most popular internet marketing podcasts in the UK. Check it out for advice, top tricks and insider tips from some of the worlds’ best online marketers. You’ll be kept up to date with all the latest tools, as well as new ideas and strategies that will help you take your business to the next level.
Listen 7 days a week to successful entrepreneurs sharing their experiences and insights on how to start your own business as an entrepreneur. You’ll get advice on starting online and offline businesses, social media marketing and much more.
5. Money Box
Money Box with Paul Lewis is the most popular business podcast in the UK iTunes Store and for good reason. Listen for top tips on everything money-related: investments, lending, pensions, banking and much more. This is a very useful podcast, not just for business people, but also for anyone who wants to learn more about money.
Have you created your own podcast yet? What are your favorite business podcasts! Let us know in your comments!
If you want excellent results, more business and better visibility you can can subscribe to Socialable newsletter here.
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- #Hashcore Product Review - March 6, 2014
- Why your business would benefit from being on #Reddit - March 4, 2014
- Social Media #Audit – the how and why - February 28, 2014
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!