Everyone is given the same amount of time. I look at successful business owners like Lord Alan Sugar and Duncan Bannatyne and wonder in amazement how they do it all. Yes they pay a lot of people to help them but they must also have to do a fair bit themselves (when they’re not sunning themselves on one of their many yachts!)
Below are a few of my top tips for managing your time:
- I write a ‘to do’ list at the end of each day so I can get stuck straight in at the start of the following day
- I limit when I check emails. Hundreds come flooding in every day so I make a point of looking at them three or four times a day and then responding/actioning as appropriate. It makes your time much more effective
- Everyone is different in terms of when they are most productive. If you can analyse when this is then it’s useful to schedule important activities to match
- Working from home gives me flexibility but it’s also easy to get distracted. You have to discipline yourself so that you don’t do housework when you should be focused on your job or business.
- Keep a close eye and monitor how you spend your time, see what activities are taking too long.
- I try to keep a clear desk and it’s important to factor in clearing uptime into your day. It’s easy to let things pile up – you’ll then find that time gets wasted by searching through piles of paperwork.
- If you work from home then burning oils can give your working environment good ‘karma’
- It’s useful to re-evaluate how you spend your time every few months to see where you can save time and get the right balance.
- I carry a notebook with me everywhere I go. It helps with noting down ideas and thoughts but also things I need to do – it helps me keep on top of work and family. It helps to reduce stress too because if you can get it alldown on paper then you feel much more in control – you don’t feel overwhelmed by keeping everything in your head
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- How to make your website traffic convert into sales - May 22, 2013
- 10 ways to get more engagement on #Pinterest - May 21, 2013
- Google+ new features: hit or miss? - May 17, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!