So how can you really exceed your potential?
- Don’t just plod along. Have a vision – Visualise what you want and how to achieve it. In order to formulate this, consider: Where am I now? Where do I want to be? How can I get there?
- Formulate a specific plan to get you where you want to be. Review (and keep reviewing) your position and the surrounding environment i.e. competitors, social trends etc. Take these internal and external factors into account, and consider how they present opportunities and threats to you, and develop a plan to exploit opportunities and eliminate threats. Establish objectives, and keep reviewing your objectives. Review your business plan.
- Be proactive and actively seek opportunities. So keep up to date on what is happening in your industry. Keep reviewing your competitor actions.
- Do something new. Be innovative. Think outside the box to differentiate yourself from your competitors. Or if you already have established what makes you different, ensure you promote this to your potential customers.
- Be passionate and enjoy what you do. This will increase your motivation to work hard and drive up your creative energy for great ideas. Consider: What do you enjoy doing? What are you good at? What do you dislike doing? Where can you improve? Aim to do more of what you like and less of what you don’t.
- Be happy and have a positive mindset. They say that success breeds more success. The same principal is here. Instead of looking for happiness look for reasons to be happy.
- Broaden your horizons. Network and connect with like-minded people. Join mastermind groups (or think about creating your own).
- Don’t be lazy and let your business dwindle. Take action now and ensure your business booms. Read my blogs and books for inspiration – I have offered loads of techniques of how to grow your business and increase your profits, and there is still more to come.
Most importantly, believe in yourself and your business. You have worked hard to get this far. If you are willing to work hard anything is possible.
Founder at Socialable Ltd
Lilach Bullock is passionate about getting tangible results using social media. Listed in Forbes as one of the top 20 women social media power influencers. She's the co-author of "Images that Influence" (Number One in its category on Amazon). Lilach is consulted by journalists and regularly quoted in newspapers on social media related matters, including (Forbes, Social Media Today, Prima Magazine, The Sunday Times and BBC Radio 5 Live ). A keynote speaker at business and marketing seminars. If you want excellent results, more business and better visibility you can can subscribe to Socialable newsletter here.
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- How to make your website traffic convert into sales - May 22, 2013
- 10 ways to get more engagement on #Pinterest - May 21, 2013
- Google+ new features: hit or miss? - May 17, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Enter your name and email address below now for instant access to the free ebook - 5 Crazy Ways to Get Buyers to your Website!
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!