I’m often asked which plugins I use so today I thought I would reveal them here with you. I use each and every one of these plugins and love them dearly. Without them my blog wouldn’t run as smoothly and I wouldn’t get the great results I do get.
So without further ado here are my favourite WordPress plugins:
- CommentLuv Premium One of my favourite plugins. (Check out a full review here). A great way to give back to people who take the time to comment on your blog. Comment Luv Premium allows the commenter to link their name, website, Twitter ID and choose which of their latest posts to link back to on the bottom of their comment.
- Pop Up Domination I wrote a review on Pop Up domination here. Love or hate pop up’s they work and this is a good starting point if you’re looking to build and grow your list.
- Scribe SEO Another one of my favourite plugins that’s really helping me writing my blog and improving my SEO. You simply write your post and then hit analyze. Scribe SEO then does it’s magic and comes up with a score out of 100%. If you don’t get 100% it advises you on how you can improve your blog post to improve your score. I take great delight when my posts get 100%
- WP Subscribers I love WP Subscribers, it’s such a powerful plugin for building a list. There are so many features including automatically filling out forms with the person’s name and email address, tick box for people to subscribe when they comment on your blog. WP Subscribers is a pop up haven, there are so many different types of pop up’s you can have. If you’re serious about list building this is a great plugin.
- Gravity Forms Fantastic plugin where you can create web forms and manage their entries. I use this for my Fan Post Friday form here.
- upPrev Previous Post Animated Notification So many of you have asked what the plugin is that flies out at the bottom of my blog well this is the one! This is a fabulous plugin that will display a flyout box with a link to the previous post from the same category’s.
- Link Within Very useful plugin that you can see underneath this post. It displays recommended stories and associated thumbnails from your blog. Helpful plugin that keeps your visitors on your site for longer.
- Ranged Popular Posts Widget This is a plugin I recently had installed. It displays my most popular posts based on the amount of comments left. You can choose which settings you want, mine is on most recent rather than all-time popular posts. You can see the widget on the right hand side of my blog.
- Thank Me Later Great plugin that sends a thank you email to those who comment on your blog. (Another plugin that many of you asked about)
- Subscribe to comments Allows readers to receive notifications of new comments that they’ve commented on or are watching.
- Genesis Slider I love my slider plugin. Genesis Slider allows you to display your features image along with the title and excerpt from each post.
- WordPress Editorial Calendar Really useful plugin that allows you to manage and schedule your posts. I find this useful if I upload several blog posts for the week ahead.
- Tweet Old Post Tweets old posts automatically to your Twitter stream, helps you get traffic to your older posts.
- Really Simple Facebook Twitter Share Buttons There are so many different sharing button plugin’s you can use. This one isn’t particularly fancy and I would have preferred one that moved up and down with my blog or was at the side but it wasn’t compatible with my site and kept causing problems. This plugin works well though and if you have a blog you need to have social media sharing buttons on it.
- Google Cards Adds a Google + widget for linking to your Google + profile, shows your number of people in your circles and makes it easy for people to add you to their circles by clicking the button. This widget is displayed on the right hand side of my blog.
- WP GreetBox Displays a different greeting message to your visitors depending on which site they are coming from.
- Fast Secure Contact Form Useful plugins so your readers can send you email messages, works well with Akismet too.
- Secure WordPress Beefs up the security of your blog by removing error information on login pages, adds index.html to plugin directories, and hides the WordPress version plus many more features.
- Akismet One of the most popular anti-spam plugins that checks your comments for spam. A must if have you have a do-follow blog.
- W3 Total Cache Improves the speed and user experience of your site.
- WP Complete Back Up A plugin that backs up your blog. It’s last on the list but really should be first – it’s just not very exciting so that’s why it’s at the end of my list! But if you have a blog make sure you’re backing up…
So there you have it. My favourite plugins that I couldn’t live without!
What WordPress plugins do you use? Please do leave a comment and share your favourites and if you’ve found this blog useful I’d love it if you could share it too.
*image credited to teddY-riseD
Latest posts by Lilach (see all)
- 10 features to help you get the most out of Aweber - June 17, 2013
- Facebook introduces #hashtags: too late to the party? - June 13, 2013
- How to make your website mobile friendly - May 29, 2013
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!