What is slideshare?
Well it’s similar to YouTube, but instead of videos it focuses on sharing presentations (though videos are permitted). It is a place where people can upload Powerpoint, Word and PDF documents for public viewing. They can tag them, share them on social media sites, and embed them in their blogs and company websites. Slideshare is searchable so that people can find presentations based on titles and keywords. It’s also a very popular tool amongst all kinds of businesses, both small and large. Some companies use it to display financial, technical or other in-depth information that is often difficult to show on their website using traditional graphs and text. Others use it to spark conversations with people who comment on or share the material. Whilst others use it for their presentations at conferences. The potential uses are endless.
Why should you use Slideshare?
Slideshare is a cheap way to spread your valuable insight far and wide. It widens coverage of your presentation and increases awareness of your business. Your presentations may also be discussed on social media channels. Besides driving traffic to your website, it also is an excellent outlet for reaching out to new audiences, connecting with customers, generating additional business, and boosting your company’s image. It’s a great way to connect with people online.
Below is a slideshare presentation I recently did:
13 Tips to using Slideshare
- Consider the needs of your target audience – who are they? what do they want to know? what insight will they value? Once you have worked this out formulate a presentation targeted to their needs.
- Upload new presentations frequently.
- Take time to fill your presentation with interesting and engaging material that offers a lot of value and insight. Create attractive and eye-catching presentations to lure readers in and retain their engagement.
- Include relevant keywords in your presentation title (as slideshare has a search engine).
- Provide links to your company website, as well as to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube pages.
- Use slideshare as an opportunity to ask people to follow you on Twitter or subscribe to your emails. After all it does have social sharing buttons.
- Use slideshare to stimulate a conversation with your audience.
- Promote slideshare through social media channels. Update your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn with any new presentations you create. On Facebook viewers can view your presentation directly through the social media site.
- Embed presentations to your website/blog.
- If you are holding a presentation/conference, in addition to your presentation you can also import your notes and speaker sheets into Slideshare.
- Monitor the popularity of your presentations, this will help you create future presentations.
- Consider adding audio to your presentation, so viewers can both see and hear the presentation.
- Turn your presentations into eBooks. With a little adaptation this can be done quite easily. Even more compelling since ebooks are becoming easier to read on tablets and smartphones.
Not only is Slideshare easy to use but you can also sign up for a free account. Get started here
Are you using Slideshare? If you are have you had much traffic as a result from it? If not are you tempted to sign up now? Please do leave a comment and share:)
5 crazy ways to get Buyers to your website
Subscribe and give yourself an unfair advantage!